How to Upgrade Re: [ic] Interchange Upgrade Documentation

Michelle Wilant interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 8 01:12:00 2001

Although, the printed documentation is a great asset (good job guys and
gals), its not going to directly answer questions regarding upgrading
from 4.6 to 4.8.

We did do an upgrade from 4.6 to 4.8.  But we took a different approach
to the issue.  We installed 4.8 in a development area, while 4.6 still
ran our live store.  I'm not sure how you set up your installation to
begin with, but if you are able to do this, I think it may be the best
approach.  This also means, creating another database (if that is what
you are using).  4.8 comes with the foundation templates - very
different from the 4.6 construct.  It also adds columns to the database
-- several to the merchandising table.  After you have a 4.8 area set
up, you can move and use most of your 4.6 pages for use within 4.8.
Again, that was something we did -- we didn't redesign our site at the
upgrade just moved it over to 4.8.

Hope that helps