How to Upgrade Re: [ic] Interchange Upgrade Documentation

Sat Dec 8 18:16:00 2001

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Michelle Wilant wrote:

MW>>Although, the printed documentation is a great asset (good job guys and
MW>>gals), its not going to directly answer questions regarding upgrading
MW>>from 4.6 to 4.8.
MW>>
MW>>We did do an upgrade from 4.6 to 4.8.  But we took a different approach
MW>>to the issue.  We installed 4.8 in a development area, while 4.6 still
MW>>ran our live store.  I'm not sure how you set up your installation to
MW>>begin with, but if you are able to do this, I think it may be the best
MW>>approach.  This also means, creating another database (if that is what
MW>>you are using).  4.8 comes with the foundation templates - very
MW>>different from the 4.6 construct.  It also adds columns to the database
MW>>-- several to the merchandising table.  After you have a 4.8 area set
MW>>up, you can move and use most of your 4.6 pages for use within 4.8.
MW>>Again, that was something we did -- we didn't redesign our site at the
MW>>upgrade just moved it over to 4.8.

So, you are saying that if I install 4.8 and use the construct demo out of
4.6 in makecat, that once it is installed and set up, that I should be able
to simply move my present 4.6 files to that area and bring it up?

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, December 08, 2001 at 18:15 PM:
Your analyst has you confused with another patient.

This Linux System has been up 315 hours