How to Upgrade Re: [ic] Interchange Upgrade Documentation

Michelle Wilant interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 01:12:00 2001

The short answer is yes*.

* -My disclaimer -- This is exactly what we have going on.  We had a
store based upon the contstruct demo in 4.6 on one box.  We were then
starting a new ecommerce box with more power for all of our stores.  On
new box we installed 4.8.  (Note here: Our mysql is on yet a third box)
We then copied over pages, templates from the 4.6 store to the 4.8
store.  It does work.  In fact, we are still using the 4.6 database with
the 4.8 "engine".  However, I can't speak to the functions of the admin.
 We rarely use the admin.  So far, we've only noticed one "problem" in
the admin and that is with the promotions and such.  Since the
merchandising table was revised between 4.6 and 4.8 and we haven't
upgraded our database then we cannot use that function.

When we moved the files over we did not simply copy the whole category
directory, but only brought over what we needed.  Off the top of my head
I beleive that included the pages directory, templated dir,
special_pages dir...