[ic] How to calculate multiple Tax of any items?

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 18:23:01 2001

Hi list,

I was not able to find a right answer in IC mail archiv!
I've different kind of items with different value of tax.
How can I calculate the salestax, if I've

1) products.txt with sku, title, description, price, tax, etc.
2) the price is gross and not net
3) some items has 16% tax and some has 7%
4) if the field "tax" is empty, 16% will be used as default for tax
calculation
5) shipping cost is taxable too

?
What i want is

sku    title    price
1      beer     10,00 EUR (with 16% tax = 1,60 EUR)
2      water    10,00 EUR (with  7% tax = 0,70 EUR)
subtotal = 20,00 EUR
shipping =  5,00 EUR (with 16% tax = 0,80 EUR)
total    = 25,00 EUR
total incl. salestax =  3,10 EUR

Any ideas?
Any helps, suggestions and tips are very welcome!

Thanks!

Joachim

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]