[ic] Running Interchange w/ a seperate secure server

Fri Dec 14 20:23:00 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 05:38:31PM -0700, John Beima wrote:
> You can't run it on a Mac... You are wasting your time... The tlink file, like
> the vlink file is only the gateway to the Interchange daemon, which MUST be
> running on the SSL server in order for teh connection to actually be
> protected...
>
> What shoudl of been told to you right off the bat, is Interchange is NOT a
> series of scripts... It is a full fledge server/daemon and it currently doesn't
> support any of the Mac OSes. It won't work... Sorry man...

Maybe I misunderstood.  I read that his catalog was on a linux apache
box and his ssl was on a mac.  If that is incorrect, shoot me!

Otherwise, IC doesn't have to be on the web server at all.  The mac (ssl)
only needs to run the link program to connect to wherever the ic server
might be.  It's run that way here for years.  :-)

There **may** be some mismatch between what the mac tlink passes to
IC on the linux box and what apache might generate directly.

> Quoting Jonathan Smith <jsmith@greendragon.com>:
>
> > Well, I'll reply to my own message. :>  tlink.pl seems to be a method
> > to allow HTTP redirection/proxy
> > from a secure server to an Interchange server (am I right)?  WebTen
> > supports this directly - I need to know something though -
> >
> > Does Interchange dynamically generate page where a customer enters
> > CC# or is it a static page that is referenced?  If it's a static page
> > where in the catalog is it located?

I'm guessing you are trying to figure out what to put on the mac.  You
only need the tlink executable and whatever images your ssl will serve.

> > Basically - I can have webten proxy for the Interchange server.  That
> > way everything going out to the internet is going to be secure.

That's something I've never tried, just using an ssl to proxy.  I'm not
crazy enough to help you if you go that route on a mac.  :-)