[ic] understanding shipping->custom

Sat Dec 15 18:37:00 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, chad townsend wrote:

ct>>i'm running interchange-4.8.2 on linux using the foundation template.  can someone please point me
ct>>in the right direction on how to use the custom shipping located in the admin gui.  here's how my
ct>>custom formula would look:
ct>>
ct>>  2.00 x # of items ordered from product group #1
ct>>+ 5.00 x # of items ordered from product group #2
ct>>------
ct>>$nn.nn = total shipping cost
ct>>

Please humor me for a moment.

Zone-based shipping is one of the strong points of IC. It works right out of
the box, you only need to change a couple of things here and there - like
the originating zip code and getting a new zone table for your area. Making
it work with the 'out-of-the-box' data and configuration is simple.

FedEx, UPS and Priority Mail all charge by the weight of the package times
the distance that it has to go. Your cost to ship is going to vary on each
order.

I recognize that there might be some unique situations where zone based
shipping is not practical, but I've not heard of them. Would you please
explain the situation to me?

Once I learn your particular goals, I may be able to suggest some easier
ways to meet your needs.

And, from what I am reading up above, just increase the prices in group 1 by
$2.00 and the price for each item in group 2 by $5.00 and brag about giving
them free shipping!

But, being an old man I get confoozled easily.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, December 15, 2001 at 18:30 PM:
I am not an animal! I am ... well, not an animal.

This Linux System has been up 483 hours