[ic] Price breaks by quantity

Mon Dec 17 16:33:01 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 08:13:34PM -0600, Jason Kohles wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:28:18PM -0500, hhh@springboardgroup.com wrote:
> >
> > Is there a quick way (or a long way) to change the pricing
> > breaks.  My client has pricing breaks that line up on
> > boundaries of 6; e.g., 6, 12, 144, etc...  However the defaults
> > in IC are 5, 10, 25, and so forth.  Is this doable?
> >
> Yes, modify the pricing database to have fields with the right names, for
> example if you are using the default_db, change it from:
>
> sku    price_group    q2    q5    q10    q25    q100
>
> to:
>
> sku    price_group    q6    q12    q144
>
> Then put those fields in your CommonAdjust variable, for example, the default
> (in foundation) looks like:
>
> CommonAdjust    :sale_price, ;:price, ;$, ==:options
>
> Change this to:
>
> CommonAdjust    pricing:q6,q12,q144:, :sale_price ;:price, ;$, ==:options

Thanks.  That is definitely getting me on the right track.  But my values
for CommonAdjust are not being picked up, or my pricing table is wrong.  For
debugging purposes I even tried:

PriceField	0	(I guess this should always be set to 0 when using CommonAdjust)
CommonAdjust	5.00

I expected everything to be 5.00 regardless of the price in the products table,
but it didn't seem to pick up on that.  I also checked to make sure that I commented
out the after.cfg include file that was overriding these values.

I'm going to keep looking around, but I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Seth Stone
Springboard Communications, Inc.