[ic] customer add on-the-fly

FixtureFactor.com interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Dec 22 11:23:00 2001

Hi again,

Im sorry, I just realized that I messed up on my email. (thanks mike)
What I meant was that I CANNOT  get the price and description to add
even though the sku will.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of
Mike Heins
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 6:08 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] customer add on-the-fly

Quoting FixtureFactor.com (aaron@fixturefactor.com):
> Hi everybody,
>
> Im struggling again with an OnFly ordering problem.  I have
successfully
> implemented on the fly ordering for items not in the products db for
the
> admin section (entry page).  However, I am now working on a new
section
> where a customer will be able to add to their cart an item that is not
> in the db.  Using the on the fly ordering tags I can successfully add
> the named item to the cart and the correct sku shows up.

I understand you right up to here.

> However, the description and the price will go through.

This completely lost me.

I will tell you that if the description doesn't show up when you order
the item, then the CGI parameters used to order the item are not
done properly.

Also, to use the standard onfly ordering routine you need:

OnFly  onfly

in catalog.cfg.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer