[ic] Emailing customer of status

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 19:57:25 -0500

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:42:03PM -0800, Scott Goodman wrote:

Don't try to do that in ic itself.  Run an outboard
script.  We typically store a "shipping_date" in our database
and simply iterate it for all records "today" or "tomorrow"
depending on the effect desired.

It's not obvious to me what you are asking about:
> "Ship checked order, send email to customer if appropriate"?
I'd guess that is the receipt email which you note is going
out fine.  What do you think should happen?  That ic should
email the customer when item actually **does** ship?

Maybe time for me to upgrade?  :-)

cfm