[ic] VIRUS Alert !!!!! Interchange-users digest

msquared msquared@digitalwizards.com.au
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:12:53 +0800

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 07:22:20PM -0500, Ron Dorman wrote:

> +1    I am on a developers list that does this.  it is in the FAQ and list
> guidelines.  if html mail is sent, it is dumped.  same for attachments.

+1 more.  This is the best way to go, IMHO.  I manage several lists with
Majordomo, and I bounce all email with attachments, be they images, HTML,
or whatever.  I use the following in my mailing list config to do it:

	taboo_headers       <<  END

	END

I don't know what the mailman equivalent is, but that should give you an
idea.  :)

I read email on a console (ssh connection to my mailserver, actually), and
although I have my mailcap set up to allow me to read HTML via Lynx, I
still prefer good old text email, and I believe it's inappropriate to send
HTML email to a mailing list anyway.

Just my 2c worth.  :)

             2
Regards, /|/|