[ic] VIRUS Alert !!!!! Interchange-users digest

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 22:38:56 -0500

Quoting msquared (msquared@digitalwizards.com.au):
> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 07:22:20PM -0500, Ron Dorman wrote:
>
> > +1    I am on a developers list that does this.  it is in the FAQ and list
> > guidelines.  if html mail is sent, it is dumped.  same for attachments.
>
> +1 more.  This is the best way to go, IMHO.  I manage several lists with
> Majordomo, and I bounce all email with attachments, be they images, HTML,
> or whatever.  I use the following in my mailing list config to do it:
>
> 	taboo_headers       <<  END
>
> 	END
>
> I don't know what the mailman equivalent is, but that should give you an
> idea.  :)

Mailman has an equivalent. I just set it to add:

	content-type: text/html
	content-type: multipart/alternative

It rejects HTML messages great.

Personally, I don't mind an occasional attacment of a piece of
code or an error log file. So I don't block all multpart types...

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry