[ic] Tutorial Problems (Similar to others mentioned)

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:38:32 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001, das Monkey wrote:

> Possible solution.
>
> For whatever reason, the "pragma" in the profiles.order file don't appear
> on the HTML version of the tutorial.  Consequently, I didn't have __NAME__
> and __END__ in my file.  I noticed this when on a whim I decided to check
> the pdf tutorial and see if there was a typo or something.  I had to
> restart the server, but it fixed the problem.  You might consider fixing
> that in the tut - it caused me hours of frustration.

I apologize for the problems with both PDF and HTML documentation. There's
a new PDF up with the correct left brackets. Please download a new copy
before spending any more time on the tutorial.

The online HTML docs are fixed as well. The problem was that we are
serving the pages through Interchange and it actually interpolated
__NAME__ and __END__, which were nonexistent variables, and thus were
rendered as nothing. Thank you very much for finding that problem!

Jon