[ic] Does anyone know where mysql is installed by default in RH7

Greg Cope greg@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:18:55 +0000

Robert Trembath wrote:

> I know this sounds stupid, but I can't get:  perl -MCPAN -e 'install
> DBD::mysql' to run without errors because its looking for the install of
> mysql with an include directory. Mysql is installed and running as I'm
> running abunch of PHP stuff with it without problem. I've looked through
> the drive and cannot find a mysql directory that has an include
> directory. PLEASE HELP! IC 4.6.1 works great with default database, but
> I want a sql server running the database for increased performance and
> managebility. The DBI is installed and up-to-date. My config is RH Linux
> 7, Apache, MySQL 3.23, Perl 5.6

It needs the mysql include and header files - as DBD::mysql is partly in
C for speed.

Is the mysql an RPM install ?  If so try /usr/include as a default place
- if the mysql install was either by tar ball or by source look in
/usr/local (which you mya not have searched as it may not be in your
path)

Greg