[ic] customization

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:39:13 -0500

Lee Johnson wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to build a shop with IC.
> I want to show category names as clickable. When user clicks on a cat name
> he goes to that category's product and if the product number exceeds 20 then
> Also my shop will be a computer shop. For example, there is intel CPUs at
> different speeds. I want to define a base (say PIII 600 mhz is 200$ as a
> base) then increneting an amount when user selects higher speed CPUs. I'm
> sure you see the logic.
> Lastly, is there any hosting company hosting developer accounts. I mean not
> live stores, not needing much bw or any mailboxes etc. (I'm using win so
> it's very hard to install onto a win95). Just a place for testing. Demo
> place is very good but after a time all you do is gone.

Not a big deal. In simple thought with only IC tags do a loop search for
catagory entries and on change print the catagory name to page. If you want
sort alphabetically (looks more professional). Now while you are writing to
page also write a link that searches for all entries in that category. This
will return on the results page. If you desire build your own results page and
call it in the link. This is all heavily documented in the docs. If not IC docs
in the old MV docs.

Steve