[ic] error on make test and make install

Tammy interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 5 08:15:02 2001

okay, I finally got this rolling along!

I have installed using a tar file
( I would have tried the RPM Red Hat Linux 6, Linux Mandrake download, but
when I click on it, my RA player tries to play it, ideas there would be
helpful! ),

I followed the instructions re: how to install without root access, which
included creating a file called "installopts" and used it to make the
makefile.pl instructions.

I followed the instructions here:
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icinstall06%2e00

I have it untar -ed and have gotten it to the point of test and install,
and its a no-go!

Can anyone give advice based on the info from my logfile placed below? I
can send more if you need it.

~~~~~~here is the end of the log file~~~~~~~~

/vs6/vs6/ripandre/usr/local/interchange/interchange-4.6.5/blib/session:
total 0
not ok 2
link/unixmode.........not ok 3 (ok= def: 1 connect: Connection refused
)

# When the above test fails, it may be due to your ISP or some other
# mechanism blocking port 8786.

server/inetmode.......ok 4
link/inetmode.........not ok 5
server/control........not ok 6
ok 6
6 tests run -- 4/6 failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

[ripandre@server62 interchange-4.6.5]$ make install
mkdir /usr/local/etc/httpd: Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/ExtUtils/Install.pm line 57
make: *** [pure_perl_install] Error 2
[rip@server62 interchange-4.6.5]$

[rip.ca: local disconnect]

~~~~end log file~~~~~