[ic] Credit card LUHN checking - why we don't want it

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 6 05:04:01 2001

* Mike Heins wrote on Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 16:45 -0400:
> Quoting Martin Dabb (jmdabb@paradise.net.nz):
> > LUHN checking doesn't work for cards from all countries, including New
> > Zealand where my client's business is - hence I''ll need to find a way to
> > turn it off.
>
> That is easy enough - set
>
> 	<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_credit_card_force VALUE=1>
>
> which forces the LUHN-10 check good.

Huh? The Shop trusts the browser?! Why that? Are there other such
things? Is there a field called mv_price_check_disable or
similar? I cannot understand how a database driven system could
be confiugrable and fakeable by some client/browser? Or did I
missed something?

oki,

Steffen