[ic] SQL::statement & Safe::Hole

Scott Fletcher interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 10 08:34:02 2001

I had the problem figured out.  I just went to the CPAN website and
downloaded the files.  Extracted it.  Then compile it.  This then lead to a
different errors.  After I closely investigated it, it turned out that the
messeages that are produced as result of the compiling, it said it couldn't
find some of the C files.  C files are related to C programming stuffs.
With some further research on the linux machine that host the interchange,
it turned out it doesn't have the full C files for some reasons the linux
software claimed to have everything in it which in fact, it doesn't.  So, I
had someone to bring a copy of the C files and put it in the linux machine.
With the 2nd attempt to compile, it succeed without a problem.  Oh well!
Thanks everyone!

Thanks,
 Scott

P.S. Kyle, my reply to the questions is down below.  Thanks for showing what
it look like as result of your demo.  Mine wasn't that close to yours.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Cook [mailto:kyle@invisio.com]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 5:56 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: RE: [ic] SQL::statement & Safe::Hole

At 02:07 PM 7/9/01, you wrote:
>Well, I did say that hte error message said it can't install the
>SQL::Statement and it didn't say anything else.  I have a question!  The
>error message only said that it can't install the SQL::Statement and no
>other comments.  So, what am I suppose to say?  "The error message didn't
>say anything else?".  That was at it's step when it failed.  So, what other
>detail was I suppose to say?
>

> >         1) perl -MCPAN -e shell
> >         2) install SQL::Statement .......

1. You type : perl -MCPAN -e shell

Any errors here, or do you get a cpan prompt?

==> No, so far, no errors was mentioned.  I got a cpan prompt and I can type
"install SQL::Statement" without a problem.

If above is ok then .....

2. You type: install SQL::Statement

Is this where you get the error "can't install the SQL::Statement" ?
==> Yes, this was the only error I got.  It said something close to what
this quote said.

Is that the EXACT and only error?
==> Yes, this was the only error I got also.

If so, then I have never heard of that error.....

Here is what I get when doing the above steps:

################ START ################

kyle@web:~# perl -MCPAN -e shell

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.59)
ReadLine support enabled

cpan> install SQL::Statement
CPAN: Storable loaded ok
Going to read /home/kyle/.cpan/Metadata
CPAN: LWP::UserAgent loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
   ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
Going to read /home/kyle/.cpan/sources/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz
CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok
Fetching with LWP:
   ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
Going to read /home/kyle/.cpan/sources/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz
Fetching with LWP:
   ftp://archive.progeny.com/CPAN/modules/03modlist.data.gz
Going to read /home/kyle/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
Going to write /home/kyle/.cpan/Metadata
SQL::Statement is up to date.