[ic] products dir / config dir / intuitive?

Mark Johnson interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 11 16:29:00 2001

They are just letters. ProductDir could be 'asdfouuhEFDouhd' and it
would make no difference. The point is, if you want the thingies that
are currently in products/ to be in config/, the directive that
identifies those thingies is called ProductDir. So, if to YOU, it makes
more sense to have those thingies in config/, then that's how you do it.

Do you also propose that HTTP_REFERER begin to be spelled properly just
because it doesn't make sense in English? The fact is, once something
becomes a convention, and the longer that convention is held, the harder
it is to justify changing it, and the more stuff you get to break if you
do have to change it.