[ic] Shopping Cart adds extra goods

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 12 18:26:01 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Mark Johnson wrote:

MJ>>The answer is, don't reload. This is simply a browser issue, and frankly
MJ>>the only reasonable response to reloading a page contingent on a form
MJ>>post. Interchange will not stop you from loading products in a cart
MJ>>unless you make efforts to keep it from doing such; thus, it will
MJ>>happily accept each request made to add an item to the cart.

I view this as a completely acceptable action. In hitting the 'reload',
the customer is asked if they want to re-post the data, which should be
a clear indication that they are going to double up.

Since it is so simple for them to remove the excess, I view this as a
much easier action than trying to defend against their blunder.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, July 12, 2001 at 18:25 PM:
I hate to repeat gossip, so I'll only say this once.

This Linux System has been up 71 hours