[ic] item w/ hash/pound flypage not found gotcha

Kyle Cook interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 16 02:58:01 2001

I haven't had the time to think it all out, but here is a gotcha:

If you have  item code(s) with a '#' in it (which according to docs is ok)
and you use a link like:

Assume below that:
[item-code]  = ABC#123

[page href="[item-code]"]More Info[/page]

At least in my version of MSIE 5.50.4522.1800
and IC 4.6.5
I get an error page "ABC" not found.

(the IC parser left the # in the link so I assume the browser only
sent the first part up to the # and so of course IC could not find
the item.....)

I guess I'm not to expect the page tag to urlencode the href value correct?

So for now I added the following to all such links:

[page href="[filter urlencode][item-code][/filter]"]More info[/page]

Which nicely converts # to %23 and now IC can locate the item :-)

Hope this helps someone down the line.

Latter,
Kyle (KC)