[ic] cookie expire

Tim Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 23 14:14:01 2001

Ok well that's the whole problem...

If I could just add a few months or a year I wouldn't have this problem, but
no one on the list seemed to know the answer, and I couldn't find anything
for the life of me on the Akopia site.

2037 is good enough.

peace

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Mike Heins
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 2:04 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] cookie expire

Quoting Jonathan Clark (jonc@webmaint.com):

> > I am setting my cookie expiry to:
> >
> > Mon, 07-Mar-2050 09:35:00 GMT
> >
> > And yet, my cookies expire when I close the browser.
> >
> > Anyone know why?
>
> Sounds like a memory only cookie. Have you set a cookie path?

Or more likely, it exceeds the maximum UNIX date of 2037.

If you have cookies that are so important they will outlive the user,
I suggest you find another way to store the information. 8-)

Surely a year is enough for any reasonable use, presuming they are
refreshed the next time the users visit.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

-- Wernher Von Braun