[ic] Interchange install on virtual server

Rene Hertell interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 31 04:06:01 2001

> MS>>I am wondering if anybody can point me to some good documentation on
> MS>>installing Interchange on a virtual server.
>
> You really need to have root access for this virtual server, and you
> definitely need to have a shell account on it. I understand that there
> are work-arounds for the root access problem. But, there is no
> work-around for no shell access.

Just a root-access-comment. My IC-server runs on a virtual host, and I
installed the tarball-version directly into my accounts directory (/home/<my
account>/interchange), and it worked just fine. There is only one thing that I
had to get fixed: The start-up script. That I got installed into my ISP:s
/etc/rc.d/rc.local file. Later someone posted on this list a script that checks
if the IC-process is running, an now I use that to start IC if needed.

Rene