[ic] Same product, different prices?

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 5 21:02:01 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Steven Behnke wrote:

SB>>Is there a way that I can have 1 product that comes in 3 different formats
SB>>for 3 different prices.  For instance, video tapes that come in PAL, NTSC,
SB>>and one other format need to have different prices in my database.  Thanks
SB>>for any suggestions.

The cleanest way is to have separate SKUs for each one. That way, when
you are processing the order there is no doubt in your mind about what
the customer thought that he was ordering.

Originally I tried to have a few SKU's and lots of options for each
one. It's simpler for everyone to understand when you assign each item
a separate SKU. 10,000 SKU's are the same price as 100 :-)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, June 05, 2001 at 21:00 PM:
Useless Invention: Muffler Bearings.

This Linux System has been up 359 hours