[ic] More Information : Category select box not working in 4.6.5

Chris Rapier interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 10:58:22 2001

> Looking at this bug it appers the problem is that it was unable to
> create a SQL::Parser object for some reason, but you do seem to have found
> a bug that is suppressing the cause of the error in this case.  If you are
> comfortable changing the perl in the core you could try changing line 569
> of Vend::Table::Common

I'll give that a shot in a little while. I've since uninstalled 4.6.5
and installed 4.7.2. I do not encounter this error under 4.7.2. Instead
I just have the problem where the select box only returns the first 50
items in the list... which is bad as I need at least 160 returned.

c'est la vie.

> this should give you the actual cause of the error.  You might also check
> to make sure you have the SQL::Statement module installed, as from the code
> that appears to be the big thing that could cause this problem.

I think I have installed it. At least, if it was part of the minivend
module bundle then I have.

> It should, and when I installed it here I also used DBM, which makes me
> suspect that is not the real problem.  Once the person who is in charge
> of demo.akopia.com gets into the office this morning I will get them to
> give me access to that machine so I can track the problem down there.

Cool. I'd rather go back to using 4.6.5 if I can... Well, assuming that
I can get more than 50 items returned in the select box there. :)