[ic] Tax exempt customers...

Michael Soflin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jun 9 10:01:00 2001

I am implementing a site using Akopia 4.6.x.  The site will be open to the
general public as well as to my regular net 30 customers.  Many of my net30
customers are government and educational and are exempt from paying the
normal Michigan sales tax that the general public has to pay.  I've made an
initial look into doing this but nothing jumped out at me.  Before I begin
an exhaustive search I was wondering if anyone could put me on the right
path to handling tax exempt customers.

Along these same lines, these customers generally pickup merchandise (no
shipping charges apply).  Is there an easy way to define a shipping method
that computes a zero shipping cost?

I'm sure I can dig out the answers but I'm hoping the experience of this
list will get me off on the right foot.