[ic] Search with form fields help required

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jun 9 14:21:01 2001

Hello everyone,

I've been using the demo search without troubles until now. I recently
added a new field
in the products table that tells me if the product is "inactive" which
happens to be the name
of the field.

Now, when i do a search I need to check for the string but after adding the
inactive field I also
have to check for inactive products.

I use a 2 page model:

Page #1 - Simplified

<form action="[area search]" method="post">

<input type=hidden name=mv_searchtype value="db">
<input type=hidden name=mv_matchlimit value="30">
<input type=hidden name=mv_sort_field value="category_code">
<input type=hidden name=mv_search_field value="description comment title
sku">

<input type=text name=mv_searchspec value="">

</form>

Page #2 - Simplified

[search-region]
[search-list]
...code to display results here...
[/search-list]
[/search-region]

My question (finally) is how can I ALWAYS check for "inactive = N" with
form fields WHILE still
searching for the string specified in the text field? Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

J.-P.