[ic] Unable to create new user accounts

Trond Arve Nordheim interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 14 08:57:00 2001

Hi.

I've been looking in the Reference guide and Tag reference the last couple
of days for this, but haven't been able to fix this;

In the shop I'm setting up you have to register yourself before you can
submit the order. The user database is a MySQL database called "clients". I
have the following line in my catalog.cfg to define the name of the UserDB:
UserDB default database clients

So, in my new_account.html, I have:
[if session logged_in][bounce href="[area account]"][/if]
[if !scratch new]

[if session failure]
[data base=session field=failure value=""]
[/if]

[else]
[set new][/set]
[/else]
[/if]

[set NewAccount]
[userdb function=new_account]
mv_nextpage=account
[else]
mv_nextpage=new_account
[/else]
[/if]
[/set]

<form action="[process-target]" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_click" value="NewAccount">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_doit" value="return">
<input type="hidden" name="function" value="new_account">
<input type="hidden" name="mv_nextpage" value="ord/basket">

-- snip --
(form fields mv_username, mv_password and mv_confirm is here)
-- snip --

</form>

Then, I enter the username password and a temporary password and submit.
After that, I get the register form back, with the following error message:
Unknown column 'test' in 'where clause'

It seems that Interchange executes a pretty bad SQL statement here, but I
can't find any way to debug them (for example make interchange print every
sql query to the error.log).

Have I done something wrong?
Can anyone give me a hint, or point me to the correct documentation?

Thanks!

--
Trond Arve Nordheim