[ic] "Buy List" button

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 15 21:19:01 2001

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Mike Heins wrote:

MH>>> Think of it as a laundry list...  You set up a bunch of items that the
MH>>> customers buys regularly.  They log in, go to their list, add quantities,
MH>>> buy list, and they're done.  With a large list, you could save an enormous
MH>>> chunk of time.  The ability to save time is a major selling point for new
MH>>> accounts.  Granted, this might be a slightly specialized scenario, and it
MH>>> mostly relates to B2B type commerce, but it's definitely useful.
MH>>>
MH>>
MH>>Bear in mind that I am in no way advocating that this should not be allowed --
MH>>the flexibility of Interchange is that you can do whatever you want. And I
MH>>am not against adding features, as should be obvious, 8-) but I am very
MH>>definitely against checkout complexity for most stores.
MH>>
MH>>The buy-list function is something only a purchasing agent can love, IMHO.

I do a lot of on-line purchasing from regular suppliers.

Medline allows me to pull up a previous order and to make modifications
and to submit it again.

Medline has 1,000's of items available. I buy only about 8. Being able
to pull up the last order, modify a few quantities to get what I
currently need and to get above $750 for the order so I can get free
shipping is critical. Being able to get in, do the current order and to
get out and go to another vendor is important to me.

I'm assuming that my customers are equally as interested in my store
operating similarly.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, June 15, 2001 at 21:15 PM:
A mouse may be useful, but only for cat food.

This Linux System has been up 132 hours