[ic] Interchange crashing

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 15 14:28:02 2001

Quoting Mike Heins (mheins@redhat.com):
> Quoting Jason Kohles (jkohles@redhat.com):
> > On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 04:17:28PM -0400, Tim Mirecki wrote:
> > > Excellent! Ok my next question is what can I do in the meantime while I am
> > > waiting for a fix? What changes can be made in order to prevent this from
> > > happening?
> > >
> > The easist thing to do in the meantime would be to turn on pre-fork.
> >

> You can also set MaxServers 0, which will avoid the deadlock condition.

Or you can get the latest from CVS. To fix the bug, you just need
to remove all code from server_both() where it times out on $n == 0.

Patch is:

***************
*** 2143,2151 ****
                        die "$msg";
          }
                elsif($n == 0) {
!                       undef $spawn;
!                       housekeeping($tick);
!                       next;
                }
          else {

--- 2143,2149 ----
                        die "$msg";
          }
                elsif($n == 0) {
!                       # Do nothing, timed out
                }
          else {

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman