[ic] Permission problems starting Interchange as interch vs root

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 21 23:13:00 2001

Quoting Curt Hauge (chc@mninter.net):
> (Sorry for the repost - I felt the subject line was important for archives)
>
> IC 4.6.5-1 rpm - Construct - Default DB - Redhat 7.0 - Perl 5.6
>
> Hi,
>
> Interchange has been runing great for months! (Thank you for this great
> tool!) I am running  several catalogs with NO problems. I installed the rpm
> as root and have been starting Interchange as root until recently when I
> understood this was not safe.

Stop right there. Why is it not safe?

You cannot start via /etc/init.d/interchange restart as interch, you
should use /usr/sbin/interchange -r.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Any man who is under 30, and is not liberal, has not heart; and any man
who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has not brains.
 -- Winston Churchill