[ic] Any Pro installers out there?

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 27 17:02:00 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, MITECH Trading wrote:

MT>>Anyway, I have searched for shopping carts the last 2 weeks and I always end
MT>>up with Interchange as the only cart that cover my needs.

Have you looked at Rich Carey's commerce.cgi? I've been using it quite
successfully for a couple of years. I am changing only for the zone
based shipping. IC adds a couple of nice features for me in the process
- allowing customers to log in and putting up items for impulse buying.
But, if commerce.cgi had zone based shipping I would not change for the
various added features.

Rich's program is an upgrade for someone elses MAJOR effort and it
works well, and it is easy to understand and deal with. I've modified
the Hell out of mine.

If you are determined to use IC for it's various features, I strongly
recommend contracting with Akopia for Tech Support. I bought a block of
time from them, and I've only used it once. THe response that I got back
was outstanding, very complete, and covered some other unasked
questions that I had. I bought QuickBooks for about $150, and the only
manuals, the only tech support is per-minute fee-based. So, paying a
reasonable amount for Tech Support on free software seems quite
reasonable to me!

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, June 27, 2001 at 16:55 PM:
Don't steal. The government hates competition.

This Linux System has been up 268 hours