[ic] A few questions...

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 28 20:29:59 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, AJones! wrote:

A>>1- Changing the design/ look of the store.
A>>    How? Can't find html pages.

It's a different breed of cat. HTML pages are built on the fly, as
needed. They are being built through the use of IC tags and formed into
temporary HTML pages that are being fed to the users browser.

OTOH, you can construct conventional HTML pages to work in conjunction
with IC.

A>>2- Must everything be done through the Admin
A>>interface?

Nope! I do a LOT of my modifications with my favorite text editor, Joe.
Other mods are made using Jon Jensen's table editor, 'te'. Other mods
are done easier through the admin interface.

Take some time and learn what is in the various files and how they affect
the overall package. I suspect that you could probably maintain the
entire package without ever using the admin interface.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, June 28, 2001 at 20:05 PM:
Funny off-topic messages are always on-topic.

This Linux System has been up 14 hours