[ic] FedEx Ground Rate Table Needed

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 28 20:46:01 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Jason Ballou wrote:

JB>>Does anyone have a fairly recent comma delimited table
JB>>of fedex ground rates?  Thanks.

Mike says that 4.7 has a section on FedEx in it. I suspect that he is
referring to FedEx Air, while you are talking about the old RPS
Delivery which was bought by FedEx and has been renamed FedEx Ground.

FWIW, I signed up with them last fall. I got a very nice label printer
from them, for free, as well as a nice box of cookies.

I sent several test shipments with them. The delivery dates were always
late, either 1 or 2 days later. They were always delivered to the wrong
address. One package was a 12-pack of 12 ounce cans of Pepsi. It took
them several days to get it entered into their web page, and at that
time they entered it as 50 pounds and tracking information was totally
missing on that shipment.

While I was supposed to get a daily pick up, problems existed with
that. I was told that I could take my package to the local terminal and
I was provided an address. When I went there, no one knew what to do
with it, and I was advised to take it to a Package Plus, or Mailboxes,
Etc and have them ship it for me. They would, however take the package
in and send it somewhere else as a courtesy to me, which would add
several days to the transit time.

It's a very nice printer and I use it for my UPS shipments. The cookies
were quite good, too.

Your mileage may vary (and, I hope that it does!)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, June 28, 2001 at 20:35 PM:
90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at.

This Linux System has been up 14 hours