[ic] FedEx Ground Rate Table Needed

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 29 08:24:00 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Jason Ballou wrote:

JB>>I've received shipments through FedEx Ground here and
JB>>there over the past few months without any real
JB>>problems, then again I could literally sit here typing
JB>>for the next 72 hours describing problems that I've
JB>>had with UPS.

Oh! UPS is certainly not error free! They've got a million ways to
nickel and dime you. They've been hitting me with $50 penalties for
oversize boxes, when the boxes are well within the limits. At the
moment I'm shipping everything through the Post Office and it has made
UPS sit up and take notice! However, it took USPS 3 days to get an
Express Mail package delivered this week and a Priority Mail package
that was shipped last week has gone missing.

JB>>  My main interest with FedEx Ground is
JB>>that they are cheaper than UPS and actually accept
JB>>cash for COD shipments.  Also, normal FedEx COD
JB>>shipments are not charged if the shipment is refused
JB>>and I'm hoping that this will prove true with FedEx
JB>>Ground as well.

If you can get the FedEx Ground service to work well for you then  I'll
look into it again.

Last fall when I was testing them, they were using the same rates as
UPS. There was no difference in the prices. I've not compared rates
since both companies did a price increase in February.

JB>>Also, I have never added a new table to Interchange
JB>>and my experience is fairly limited, what would it
JB>>entail?

Just follow the various instructions that have been posted for adding
Priority Mail.

For starters, I would simply copy over all of the files that make up
the UPS Ground stuff and call the method something like fedexg. For the
moment I would use the UPS Ground rate chart renamed to FedExGround.
Once you get it going, you can then go in and put in the correct rates,
if they are not there already.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Friday, June 29, 2001 at 08:10 AM:
He's dead, Jim. Get his ears! - Spock

This Linux System has been up 26 hours