[ic] pricing / inventory setup

Jonathan Clark jonc@webmaint.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:50:31 -0000

> Hi folks -
>
> I need to set up a unique-to-me pricing / inventory scheme and I'm hoping
> someone can give me an idea of how to do it.

I take it you mean shared inventory?

> Here's a model scenario -
>
> I have 1000 identical DVDs in inventory, and I want to sell them
> at different
> prices - say $20, $35, and $50, depending on the type of
> customer.  The customer
> will choose which one to buy.
>
> Is there a way to accomplish this using sizes, or do I need
> multiple skus?  If I
> need multiple skus, how do I have varied skus share the same
> inventory pool?

I posted a method for custom pricing some time ago. Its in the archives:

http://developer.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2001/msg01180.html

This method uses a separate pricing table and allows customer specific, item
specific pricing with a fallback to banded prices and if neither are found
it falls back to the price in the products table.

Interchange has very powerful features when it comes to pricing through the
use of user tags and the CommonAdjust directive in catalog.cfg

Good luck!

Jonathan
Webmaint.