[ic] SQL query on multiple databases.

Mathew Jones mat@booksellersolutions.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:06:19 -0800

I would like to search several seperate databases at the same time, returning
the results on the same page.
What I previously set up was 4 seperate [QUERY SQL] tags, which each returned
independent sets of results to the page. Ideally I would like to be able to
pull all the results into the same array or hash so i can sort them by the
price field and they appear as one combined set of results.
I have looked on the developers site and through the old mailing list
questions and only got more confused. I am not a perl programmer by nature,
and need a little help on finding the best possible solution to my problem.
So i guess I have a couple of questions:
1) How do I get all the seperate search  results into the same
array/hash/whatever I need to use?
2) How do I sort the data based on 1 particular field of the combined results

3)How can I push an 'identifier' into each row returned so i can identify
which db the result came from?

Thanks

Mat