[ic] Shipping charge problem for same product code items

Stanley Major stanley@ciphersys.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:24:32 -0700

My Minivend site sells a shirt which comes in a variety of colors. I am
using the same product code, with a drop down color selection box. My
shipping.asc contains price breaks at $20, $40, $60, $80, etc. When several
shirts are ordered, as separate items, with different colors, bringing the
aggregate total over $20, the basket shows the shipping charge for under
$20. I can add items to increase the shipping charge, as it is supposed to
be applied in the $20 - $40 range, but the cumulative charge seems to be
ignoring some of the (same product code) item, when totalling shipping
charges.
Has anyone else seen similar behaviour and are there any suggestions?
Thanks.

Stanley Major, Programmer
Cipher Systems - A Cedar Group Company
Providing quality software solutions & services since 1978.
E-mail:  stanley@ciphersys.com
Phone:  (403) 256-8877, ext. 234
Fax:  (403) 256-8878

Cipher was selected as the "Fastest Growing Company in Alberta"
by Alberta Venture magazine in 2000 & included in the 1999
Deloitte & Touche "Canadian Technology Fast 50."

Visit us at: http://www.ciphersys.com