[ic] Spreadsheet edit in admin displays incorrectly

Curt Hauge chc@mninter.net
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:43:51 -0600

Hi list,

4.6.3 tarball, Perl 5.005, Linux Mandrake 6.0, Construct, default DB

Anyone seen this? In the Admin UI in Preferences under any category (this example is Item Display) the spreadsheet edit function displays in many columns and three rows:

  code		UI_ITEM_BREAK	UI_ITEM_FIELDS	etc.		etc...

variable		image size		sku description
						category price
						image display
						comment size
						color weight

pref_group		Item display	Item display

instead of like it should be, three columns and many rows:

code			variable		pref_group

UI_ITEM_BREAK	image size		Item display

UI_ITEM_FIELDS	sku description	Item display
			category price
			image display
			comment size
			color weight

etc.

etc...

It acts like the tabs are messed up in variables.txt but I've checked the data and everything looks great in the Knar editor. All other displays in the Admin UI are fine. This happens in two test catalogs (of two) on the same server. Nothing appears in either of the error logs or in archives relating to this same problem, spread.html, spreadsheet, preferences, or knar. I swear I have even seen this spreadsheet work after a restart of the server on one or two occassions, but I may be mistaking it for the Knar editor...hints, tips, suggestions?

Thanks in advance, anyone.

Curt Hauge