[ic] search error: Search strings must be at least 1 characters

Zachary Matthews zac@mediapc.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:37:28 -0800

My log files are filled with the following error:

'search error: Search strings must be at least 1 characters'

I have set up several searches where users enter mv_searchspec in a text
field.  When they don't enter any words, but click the search button, my
log file records the above error.  Also, I have several in page searches
designed to return all records -- for example:

[page search="
        se=*
        st=db
        fi=products
        ra=yes
        tf=category
        tf=sku
        sp=store/results
        "
       ]click here to see all products[/page]

This link also creates the error, even though I have '*' for
mv_searchspec.

Any ideas on how to prevent my log files from getting filled with this
error (which by the way does not seem to cause any problems other than a
cluttered log file)

Thanks,
Zac