[ic] Coupon codes...

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:27:22 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Ryan Hertz wrote:

RH>>I'm sure a very simple check and balance would take care of
RH>>that...  depending on how you distribute the codes to your
RH>>customers.  Something like a standard promotional code followed by the
RH>>Soundex of their last name would work well.  The Soundex could even be
RH>>"ignored" and just used to track who is giving out promo codes to their
RH>>friends. :-)  Sorry -- I'm just always looking for a good use for
RH>>Text::Soundex.

I use coupon codes in my advertising. This lets me track where my
advertising is working. And in that context, if a person gets a coupon
code out of their local newspaper and passes it on to a friend to use,
it's quite acceptable to me since that newspaper ad was responsible for
bringing them in. I can trace that sale to that newspaper, even though
it's 2nd hand.

RH>>>When I order from Uline on line I will call their customer service
RH>>>number on the phone to get the current discount codes to use. They give
RH>>>them to me without a problem.
RH>>
RH>>Hey, could you get me some 4'x3.5" spiral cardboard tubes? :-D

Wow! You've got a big one!

I don't get any special deals from them. Just go to www.uline.com and
take a look around. Their only requirement as to who they sell to is
that you have money! :-)

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Monday, March 26, 2001 at 21:20 PM:
If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.

This Linux System has been up 773 hours