[ic] expireall and server --start fail to run in crontab (was: Where is checkstat.sh?)

Jim Balcom jim@idk-enterprises.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:49:01 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Curt Hauge wrote:

CH>>>The easy fix is to change your crontab entry to:
CH>>>1,11,21,31,41,51 * * * * (cd /home/htdocs/my_space/interchange;
CH>>./bin/expireall -r)
CH>>
CH>>And it works! Thank you very much, Jason, and everyone that offered
CH>>assistance! I don't know why 'bin/expireall -r' didn't work, while
CH>>'bin/interchange' would run from cron. Now if I could only get rid of that
CH>>pesky server mail which is piling up every time cron runs 'bin/interchange'.
CH>>The -q switch at least suppresses catalog reconfig messages, but do they
CH>>need to be re-configured so often? I mean, what if someone had 20 cats
CH>>online and running bin/interchange from cron every 10 minutes (like myself)?
CH>>Of course, I want to know when the server went down and how often, but no
CH>>need to know that it is running. Perhaps there is yet a better way (or some
CH>>kind of /switch) to accomplish this in Interchange without filling the
CH>>mailbox? =)

If you put '1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null' at the end of the line in crontab, the
messages will totally go away. Perhaps, however that is more killing
than you want?

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Wednesday, March 28, 2001 at 18:45 PM:
Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?

This Linux System has been up 818 hours