[ic] How to change the value of a variable

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:05:34 -0800

At 02:07 PM 3/30/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>We need to add some handling fee based on the subtotal on the shiping, I
>can edit the checkout.html, and have the following:
>
>[calc][shipping noformat=1]+[subtotal noformat=1]*0.0035[/calc]
>
>this gives us a correct shipping fee on the checkout page. But the
>value is not correct in the order page. So are there any ways I can
>modify the [shipping] variable so that it will be changed on all pages.

I am wondering the same thing.  So far, I've solved the problem by going
through every page where [shipping] is used, and replacing it with a call
to a usertag (or [include ...]) that does the calculation.

Maybe a better alternative will come out during discussion.  (catalog.cfg
entry?)

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com