[ic] 'include' in catalog.cfg?

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 09:05:36 -0500 (CDT)

On 2 May 2001, Doug Alcorn wrote:

> > Grmpfh... I always thought # was a comment ;P
>
> Normally it is.  However, this is a holdover from the C days of
> preprocessing.  '#' is a comment unless it isn't a comment ;)

Which is why, starting with 4.7, you can start leaving it off. You can use
"include", "if(n)def", and "endif" all without "#" first. I think this
should avoid confusion, at least for newcomers. Unfortunately, I think
some of the new docs overwrote some of the old on the website. Starting
with 4.7, check configuration option 'ConfigParseComments' for more
details.

Jon