[ic] Can't install 4.64 on irix 6.5

Darren Bayliss interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue May 8 05:47:00 2001

Hello,

I have downloaded 4.7.1 and ran the 'configure' script. This is part of the
error message i received;

Manifying blib/man1/interchange.1
        PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/sbin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/freewarel
server/unixmode.......ok 1
server/startup........ok 2
link/unixmode.........ok 3
server/inetmode.......The Interchange server is already running (process id
298)
ok 4
link/inetmode.........ok 5
server/control........not ok 6
ok 6
6 tests run -- 1/6 failed.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
 6#

This is one better than before, which is a partial success. I then changed
'lockType' to specify 'fcnctl' but then the script wouldn't run at all (NOT
SAFE was the error). Also it was suggested that i run a 'makecat'
to see if i could get interchange running, this isn't possible, as the
script requires interchange to be installed (?);
(from makecat.PL)
#$self = {
#	INSTALLPRIVLIB => '/usr/local/interchange/lib',
#	INSTALLARCHLIB => '/usr/local/interchange',

whereas nothing is installed after i have ran the configure script.

Some pointers would be great. If the problem is a scripting error, could
people please be specific as it is not really my forte (couldn't get the
accent to work, sorry).
by the way, my system is running NFS.
Regards,

Darren Bayliss