[ic] Help with [modifier-name ...] pls

Loy Ellen Gross interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 10 15:07:00 2001

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Ed LaFrance wrote:

>><FORM ACTION="[process-target]" METHOD=POST>
>><INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_todo"     VALUE="refresh">
>><INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mv_nextpage" VALUE="profile3">
>><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="mv_order_item" VALUE="3007">
>><INPUT TYPE="checkbox" NAME="mv_order_item" VALUE="3250">
>>  ... (etc ... there are up to nine items on a page)
>>
>><INPUT TYPE=submit VALUE="Continue to Next Page &gt;&gt;">
>></FORM>
>>
>>Which orders an item and sends the user on to the next page in the
>>profile (this is successful). What I am trying to add is:
>>
>><INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="[modifier-name pagetitle]">
>
>[modifier-name] only works within an [item-list][/item-list] construct - it
>is not apparent from your message that you are using it that way.  It also
>may not be the modifier tag that you want - check here for more info:
>
>http://developer2.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/ictags_44.html

Ok, after reading that page, it is clear that modifier-name only works
within the item-list construct. What I had originally read was this:

http://developer2.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig16%2e04

which states only that modifier-name may be used within forms (I
assumed any form).

>>What am I doing wrong and is there a solution to this? What I need
>>to do is tag each item ordered with a text identifier that the user
>>types in BEFORE they get to the basket.

Does anybody know a way to do this? It doesn't have to be an
item-modifer (no price variation or anything of that nature), it just
has to stick with the item throughout the checkout process the way a
modifier does.

  -- Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross - 716-614-8000 x358 - fax 716-614-8010 - <lgross@thebiz.net>
New Media West - BiznessOnline.com - 2810 Sweet Home Rd - Amherst NY 14226