Only One Binary Search Database? RE: [ic] Binary Search Indexes Not Being Created

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu May 17 14:06:41 2001

At 12:49 PM 05/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks for your comment Jonathan.
>
>Can someone confirm if Interchange will only allow one INDEX database like
>Jonathan noted about Minivend?
>
>Is this one per store? Or one per database?
>
>Christopher

The format for the INDEX option of the Database directive is not fully
documented, but this question has been answered on the list
before.  Basically, it is stored as a scalar, so you can only have one
instance of the directive in catalog.cfg.  So if you want to build multiple
indexes, it must look like this:

Database products INDEX category:c engines:c sku

...hopefully this will play well with the ':c' option - I have never tried it.

- Ed L.