[ic] Install problems with MySQL

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 18 19:01:00 2001

At 02:55 PM 5/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm a newbie to Interchange, but I'm extremely excited about it.  The demo
>installation really got me turned on to the speed and flexibility of this
>tool.
>
>However, I downloaded and am trying to install the software on my server,
>and I'm having problems with MySQL.  The problem comes when trying to start
>up the server for the first time after adding the first catalog.  I'm
>running Interchange V4.6.5, bsdi, MySQL 3.22.14b, Perl 5.005_03.

[...]

What version of BSDi are you running?  Also, does the startup do the same
thing every time (stop at orderline)?  Try manually running the command in
mysql (attached), just to rule that out.

Also, would you try running just DBM (which is no SQL) to rule out other
possibilities?

I hope you get it going,

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com

create table orderline (
code char(14) NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY,
store_id CHAR(9) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL, index(store_id),
order_number CHAR(14) NOT NULL, index(order_number),
session CHAR(32) NOT NULL,
username CHAR(20) default '' NOT NULL,
shipmode CHAR(32) default '' NOT NULL,
sku CHAR(14) NOT NULL,