[ic] how to upload images with admin UI

Curt Hauge interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri May 25 13:06:01 2001

Quoting Leon Harris

> Hi. I can't upload images from admin --> edit items
> on a site I created myself.
> However, the simple demo allows me to do this-  when I choose edit items
> there is a file upload  link next to the image section, and a menubox
> with a list of images in it.
> I have symblinked the image directory in web space to the image dir in
> the interchange config dir, and the permissions are the same as for
> simple. I have both image and thumb columns in products.txt for my site.
>
> What else do I need to do ?
> interchange 4.6, redhat x86 6.1

You didn't indicate whether or not you received an error message or not. I
have found that as super user you should be able to do it, but I could not
upload images _without_ super user permissions, even when I checked off
every possible admin utility for another user. This has been asked before
without an answer. Sorry I can't be of more help. I would also like to know
what needs to be done to enable image uploads by another administrator
without super user permissions. I get the "not authorized" message. For now,
I have given my client super user privledges until I find a workaround.

> PS. Is there any doc on the admin interface ?

I don't know of any detailed docs.

Good luck!

Curt Hauge