[ic] Howto make a usertag

Stefan Hornburg Racke interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 09:52:00 2001

"Bernino Lind" <lind@catpipe.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Im searching for the documentation of howto make a usertag. I cant find that
> in the IC docs. Am I simply lame to figure out where it hides, or is it
> simply not there...please post a link.
>
> What is it about ?: Say for example I want to do a brand new usertag
> available that for example shows the output of a whois command...howto do
> that ?
>
> Or if someone could post the process of howto create a usertag...?

There are enough examples still in ICROOT/usertag and ICROOT/lib/UI/usertag.

He is a cute little one from my kitchen:

UserTag randpic Routine <<EOR
sub {
	my @pics = UI::Primitive::list_pages (1, '.jpg', 'images/front');
	return $pics[int(rand(scalar @pics))];
}
EOR

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices