[ic] Howto make a usertag

Bernino Lind interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 10:08:01 2001

Thanks a bunch...

I also found that in fact I was lame...:
http://ic.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev-4.8/ictags_89.html

There exists documentation and it has valuable content:

Long life the coders who document there code, since they should not be knows
as coders but be called programmers!

And as the day evolves my enthusiasm towards IC grows and grows. Its really
well done.

My sincerest respect,

--
med venlig hilsen / Best Regards
Bernino Lind +45 7021 0050
catpipe Systems ApS - www.catpipe.net
Best done FreeBSD solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Stefan Hornburg (Racke)
Sent: 1. november 2001 14:54
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Howto make a usertag

"Bernino Lind" <lind@catpipe.net> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Im searching for the documentation of howto make a usertag. I cant find
that
> in the IC docs. Am I simply lame to figure out where it hides, or is it
> simply not there...please post a link.
>
> What is it about ?: Say for example I want to do a brand new usertag
> available that for example shows the output of a whois command...howto do
> that ?
>
> Or if someone could post the process of howto create a usertag...?

There are enough examples still in ICROOT/usertag and ICROOT/lib/UI/usertag.

He is a cute little one from my kitchen:

UserTag randpic Routine <<EOR
sub {
	my @pics = UI::Primitive::list_pages (1, '.jpg', 'images/front');
	return $pics[int(rand(scalar @pics))];
}
EOR

Ciao
        Racke

--
Racke happily hacks Interchange and maintains Debian packages like Courier.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices